Your Guide to a Wasatch Mountain Elopement
Eloping in the Wasatch Mountains
Why Elope in the Wasatch Mountains?
The Wasatch Mountains are a wild range that runs from the Utah-Idaho border through central Utah. Sculpted by glaciers long ago, these mountains were created to be raw and powerful with jagged peaks and deep bowls. These mountains may never rise over 12,000 feet, but still offer major elevation gain and sweeping views from their peaks.
The Wasatch offers every adventure you could dream of. Keep reading to find out how the Wasatch may be perfect for your elopement!
Where Can I Get Married in Utah’s Mountains?
The Wasatch Mountains have an incredible range of mountain peaks, canyons, lakes, waterfalls, and forests to get married at. You can choose to elope in any of these landscapes that speak the most to you.
Some of my favorites include:
- Grandeur Peak
- Lake Blanche
- Cecret Lake
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Bell’s Canyon
- Alta Ski Resort
- Silver Lake
And so much more! These mountains offer so many types of adventure. I’ve been adventuring deep into the Wasatch to find hidden gems where you can say your private vows or bring family and friends along.
Wasatch Weather by Season
Come Spring there is still plenty of pow to be shredded! Snow storms are still possible, but expect more bluebird days. Spring is a great time to get out on your skis or board while enjoying warmer temperatures and the sunshine. It is also great for mountaineering, climbing at lower elevations, and snow camping.
In Fall the leaves start to change to unveil an incredible world of color in the mountains. Temperatures cool down allowing for more adventuring during the day like summiting mountains and big wall climbs. Don’t be surprised if there is some snow later in the season!
The Winter season is prime for skiing and snowboarding. If you want to have an adventurous wedding at a resort or in the backcountry this may be the season for you! Expect cold temperatures and frequent snow storms, but hey that just means more powder days in the Greatest Snow on Earth.
How to Get Your Utah Marriage License
Getting your Utah marriage is a fairly easy process. The licenses are good for 30 days and you can get your license the same day as your elopement!
To Get Your License:
- Both you and your partner must be present, have legal ID, and know your socials at the time of application
- You need to know your full names, your dates and places of birth, your addresses, parents names, and parents places of birth for the application
- You must pay fees that range from $30-50 that may be cash only
- Your elopement needs an officiant to be legal
- Two witnesses must sign your license
What is There to Do In the Wasatch?
The real question is, what isn’t there to do? You could:
- Hike to see a waterfall, an alpine leak, or summit a peak.
- Climb some granite or limestone.
- Go for a backpacking or camping adventure.
- Swim, raft, or tube in an alpine lake or down a river (that is outside of the watershed).
- Ski or snowboard on some the greatest snow on earth!
- Take a helicopter ride over the Wasatch.
- Say hello to the local wildlife from afar.
- Hunt for wildflowers in forest, meadows, and by lakes.
- Watch the alpenglow on the mountains!
Can My Pup Come Along?
YES! There are many dog friendly areas, hikes, and adventure to be had with your pup. The Wasatch does have protected watershed areas, such as Big and Little Cottonwood, that do not allow dogs. However, places like Mill Creek or the Timpanogos Wilderness are great places to enjoy the mountains with your pup!
Ready to Elope in the Wasatch Mountains?
I can’t wait to help you plan your adventurous wedding day. Let’s take your love on a wild adventure!