Your Guide to a Goblin Valley Elopement

Eloping in Goblin Valley

Why Elope in Goblin Valley?

Goblin Valley State Park is an incredible place to experience Utah’s iconic red rock. The hoodoos that cover the landscape have been nicknamed “goblins.” They give the park a unique look and provide an experience that you will never forget. You can run around on sandstone and see unique goblins at every turn.

This park has tons of space for exploring and would make the perfect venue for your elopement!

The Best Time to Elope in Goblin Valley

Goblin Valley is most crowded from March through June. While each season has it’s own benefits, remember that going on a weekday can lessen crowds and make for a more private experience.


  • Sunny days and cool nights
  • Small chance of rain


  • Moderate temperatures with colder nights
  • Less crowds


  • A chance of snow!
  • Cool days and even colder nights
  • Less people especially during the week

What to do in

Goblin Valley has a lot of space to explore it’s iconic goblins.

You can…

  • Hike in a slot canyon
  • Hike through mazes of goblins
  • Go canyoneering
  • Go mountain biking
  • Camp in a yurt
  • Enjoy the stars
  • Play disc golf

How to Get Your Utah Marriage License

Getting your Utah marriage is a fairly easy process. The license is good for 30 days and you can get your license the same day as your elopement! 

To Make Your Marriage Legal:

  • Both you and your partner must be present, have legal ID, and know your socials at the time of application
  • You need to know your full names, your dates and places of birth, your addresses, parents names, and parents places of birth for the application
  • You must pay fees that range from $30-50 that may be cash only
  • Your elopement needs an officiant to be legal
  • Two witnesses must sign your license


Goblin Valley requires that your photographer gets a Special Use permit for your elopement. The starting cost is just $60.

A permit may also be required for your wedding day depending on your guest count. Contacting the park is the best way to find out what you may need!

As your photographer I take care of all photography permits and give advice on any other permits you may need for your adventure.

Where to Stay

Goblin Valley offers campsites and yurts to sleep in. Campsites can be reserved for $35, and yurts can be reserved for $100.

The yurt is an awesome way to camp in luxury. They book fast! Be sure to book yours far in advance so that you can enjoy a fun way to camp in the park.

Not looking to camp or glamp? Here are a few hotel and air bnb options in the nearby town of Hanksville!

Where to Adventure Nearby

Goblin Valley is located near many other amazing places to explore. Utah offers so many beautiful landscapes. While it could takes weeks to visit them all, here are a few of my nearby favorites that you will want to add to your road trip list!

  • Zion National Park
  • Capitol Reef National Park
  • Arches National Park
  • Canyonlands National Park
  • Mystic Hot Springs
  • Grand Staircase-Escalante
  • Goblin Valley State Park
  • Moab
  • Dead Horse Point State Park
Ready to Elope in Goblin Valley?

I can’t wait to help you plan your adventurous wedding day. If you are looking to elope in Utah in the Spring or Fall reach out!!! Let’s take your love on a wild adventure!

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *