Your Guide to Eloping at Dead Horse Point
Planning a Moab Elopement
Why Elope at Dead Horse Point?
Dead Horse Point is the perfect place for your elopement. This location has the best sunsets and is great for larger groups or intimate weddings. Overlooking the Colorado River with layers of rock rising from the valley floor, there isn’t very much that beats this incredible view. Moab has so much to offer alongside this state park. With so much to explore, you may want to stay for a week!
What to do at Dead Horse Point
Dead Horse Point State Park has a lot of adventures that you can go on! Apart from seeing the epic views and having your ceremony here you can:
- Go camping or stay in a yurt
- Hike along the rim
- Go mountain biking
- Have a picnic or desert
- Watch the sunset (or the sunrise!)
- Star gaze on a clear night
How to Get a Ceremony Permit
Dead Horse Point is a great ceremony location for larger groups. There are 5 different locations to choose from depending on the backdrop you want and size of group you have.
To get your permit you must:
- Submit your permit 30 days in advance
- Submit a permit (SUP) application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay a $60 fee (for groups of 40 or less)
- *Note that entry to the park is $20 per car is not included in the permit cost and will need to be paid upon arrival
How to Get Your Moab Marriage License
Getting your Utah marriage is a fairly easy process. The licenses are good for 30 days and you can get your license the same day as your elopement! You can pick it up at the Grand County Clerk’s Office.
To Get Your License:
- Both you and your partner must be present, have legal ID, and know your socials at the time of application
- You need to know your full names, your dates and places of birth, your addresses, parents names, and parents places of birth for the application
- You must pay a fee of $50 to get a copy of your license
- Your elopement needs an officiant to be legal
- Two witnesses must sign your license
Dead Horse Point makes for a perfect ceremony location or spot to see the sunset and watch the stars come out. This is a great choice for your Moab elopement!
Ready to Elope at Dead Horse Point?
I can’t wait to help you plan your adventurous wedding day. Let’s take your love on a wild adventure!